You can download the Parent/Student Contract here: Parent/Student Contract.
California State University, Long Beach – Fine Arts Building FA2
Check-in will be in the Gallery Courtyard between FA2 and FA3 (map below) on the campus of CSULB
If you are traveling east on 7th St go past Bellflower Blvd and the VA Hospital. Next you will go past W Campus Dr and the very next light will be E Campus Dr where you will make a left turn. There is an enormous white concrete sculpture here. Travel along E Campus Dr about 400 ft and there will be a gate on your left to enter the parking lot. An attendant will provide you will a pass and code.
If you are traveling west on 7th St from the 22 freeway then go past the Bixby Riviera gated community. The next light will be E Campus Dr where you will make a right turn. There is an enormous white concrete sculpture here. Travel along E Campus Dr about 400 ft and there will be a gate on your left to enter the parking lot. An attendant will provide you will a pass and code.
On the first day of camp, please park in Lot 7 and proceed to the gallery courtyard located between FA2 and FA3 (see map below). We will post signs along the path to the courtyard. In the courtyard, there will be a large sign for the Young Artists’ Camp. We will be at a table to check you in.
Parking will be in Lot 7 at the south end of campus (see map below).
- Parking will be in Lot 7 and is free of charge
- Pass or code NOT required
- Lot open from 12:30pm – 1pm for drop-off
- Lot open from 4:30pm – 5:30pm for pick-up
- There will be a designated area in the lot for YAC parking. Please park ONLY in this area.
- Parking outside of the times listed above may result in a citation
Alternatively, you can park at the meters in Lot 8A or along S Campus Rd. Metered parking is enforced at ALL TIMES and you will be ticketed without paying the meter (we have electronic ones that accept credit cards). The cost is $2/hr.
Students should be escorted to the Gallery Courtyard by their parent/guardian for drop-off as early as 12:30pm. There is a short walk from Lot 7 but we’d like to avoid any mishaps and ensure the safety of our students. We will provide you with a map with the path to the courtyard from the parking lot on the first day.
You must CHECK-IN at the table. Your child can check themselves in if you indicated on the waiver form that he/she could do so. At 1:00pm students will be taken to their respective rooms by our instructors. Someone will remain behind 10 minutes for late comers and take them to their rooms after they arrive.
Students will be escorted from their rooms after clean-up and can be picked up in the Gallery Courtyard. If your child needs to leave early or will be very late please notify an instructor in their group, Dr. Silveira, or Don Dao. Be sure to CHECK-OUT at the table before leaving with your child. If you want to have your child to walk from the check-out table to your car, the waiver MUST be signed on the Parent/Student Contract. Also, you can wait for your child in lot 8A to pick up your child, but the waiver MUST be signed. Lastly, if you would like your child to walk home if no one can pick them up, fill out that section of the contract.
What to Bring:
- Students should wear old clothes, bring an old t-shirt to wear or an apron/smock. The art activities can get very messy using paint, pastels, charcoal, markers, clay, plaster, ink, etc.
- We have a half hour break around 3pm every day. Students may want to bring a snack or lunch to eat at this time. For students who want to buy food/snacks/drinks, we will escort them to the Beach Hut near the Library. The majority of students eat something at this time and students without a snack feel left out.
- PARENTS: You should bring your Parent/Student Contract filled out or pick one up to fill out at the check-in table the first day.
- Rule #1: Boundaries: Students should NEVER leave the classroom or area of instruction without permission from an instructor.
- Rule #2: Respect: Students will respect each other, their instructors, the studio area and the materials used in class.
- Rule #3: Five Minutes: Every student will try each project for at least 5 minutes.
Parent/Student Contract & Emergency Form:
Parents and students will sign a Behavior Contract. This contract will also have an Emergency Contact listed, who is authorized to Pick-Up your child and any other important information we may need to know (such as allergies, special needs). Parent/Student Contracts need to be turned in the first day of camp.
*If this contract is not signed by the parent by the end of the first week of camp the student may not return to camp the following week. There will be NO refund offered by CCPE.
*If your student is asked to leave camp for violating any of the Three Rules there will be no refund offered by CCPE.